Monday, January 7, 2013

Tough Sayings: Hate your Family


This weeks text: Mark 3:31-35 & Luke 14:26

-Is the “Tough Sayings of Jesus” series a series that you are comfortable inviting people to or does it make you nervous? (just curious…)

-In the event that you were familiar with these texts before Sunday’s sermon, what had you previously thought they meant?

-What did Jesus mean when He said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of God, he is my brother and sister and mother?”

 -What did He mean when He said, “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple?”

-How do these statements affect your view of family?

Street Level

-What did this text teach you about God?

-What did this text teach you about yourself?

-What are you going to do about it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment