Sunday, February 14, 2021

Leader Huddle Season 1 Wk.6

 


I often want to lead my group into discovering truth and application of that truth for themselves and not relying on me to give it to them. This leads me to asking non-specific questions and then having to tolerate bad answers, correct wrong ones, and redirect conversation back toward the initial aim of the question.

One thing I have done to alleviate that is this: stating the truth/application/answer I want to discuss, then asking for their opinions on that statement. It may seem simple, but merely asking for opinions about a stated truth has helped my group tremendously! 

So when you're trying to help your group see a certain truth this week, state that truth and then ask what they think about it. This will help limit the amount of time you spend teaching/talking while also helping your group members discover how it is applicable for their life. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment