Sunday, October 16, 2011

Word Night, October 16-19

Ecclesiastes 10:8-11:6 How would I describe my work ethic (10:8-10)? Is my work performance exemplary? Does it stand out to my boss and coworkers? Read Ephesians 6:5-8 and Colossians 3:17, 23. Am I wise in how I lead those that I have been given responsibility over (10:16-19)? Read Ephesians 6:9 and Colossians 4:1. In what circumstances do I tend to talk too much (10:11-15)? What steps can I take to say less today? Read Proverbs 10:19. How can I squelch my tendencies to gossip and slander (10:20)? How can I help others to guard their tongues? Read Luke 12:3. How would I describe my financial stewardship (11:1-2)? Do I invest wisely and diversely? Are my spouse and I in agreement on the level of risk we are willing to assume? Am I actively seeking godly financial counsel? Whom do I seek this counsel from? How often do I revisit my financial portfolio? How has the Lord demonstrated His faithfulness to me in my finances? In what areas of my life have I been afraid to move forward for fear of failure (11:3-4)? What steps of faith could I take in the next week? How would my life be different if I began to confront my fears? When have I confronted my fears with God’s Word and His courage? What was the result? How well do I handle failure? What lessons have I learned from my past mistakes? Am I gun-shy about the future? If so, what needs to change in my own heart before I can be bold again? What project, dream, idea, or initiative have I been postponing? When do I plan to get started? What is the first step I need to take? What am I waiting for? Since I cannot know God’s thoughts or ways (11:2, 5, 6), how should I live? What is my understanding of God’s will? What freedoms do I have to make decisions? What does God ultimately hold me responsible to do? How can I be faithful to discern His plans and purposes for my life?

0 comments:

Post a Comment